Frequently asked questions
How do I download the Wireless Traveler App?iPhones and iPads
Go to the App Store on your phone or iPad and search for Wireless Traveler App.
Download the app for free.
Go to the Google Play Store on your phone and search for Wireless Traveler App.
Download the app for free.
I downloaded the App and it is asking me for an account and PIN number. Where do I find these things?Go to WT.wirelesstraveler.com and enter your details to create an account and add funds.
How do I buy an account for my friends or family?Go to WT.wirelesstraveler.com and enter the details of your friends and family and select the amount of funds you would like to add to their app account.
How do I make calls to the USA and Canada while abroad?Always call as if you are in the USA. To call to the USA or Canada dial 1 for the country code and then the area code and telephone number. ie.1 555-700-3883
How do I make calls abroad or locally in another country?TO CALL ANY COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE USA YOU MUST ALWAYS FIRST DIAL 011 FOLLOWED BY THE COUNTRY CODE. For example to call to a number in the UK, dial 011 44 ignore the first "0" of the local number and then enter the rest of the telephone number. So the number 0207 924 8622 is dialed 011 44 207 924 8622 . To dial the number in Australia 0198 657 8906 would be dialed 011 61 198 657 8906 . EXCEPTION: Only when calling ITALY you include the first 0 of the local number i.e. To dial the number in Italy 0125 743 499 is dialed 011 39 0125 743 499
Can I use my own account to buy apps for friends and family?Yes, you can login as an existing app customer and select the amount of funds that you would like to gift. Forward the account and PIN number to enter into their device after downloading the app.
My app says invalid loginIf you have entered the wrong account or PIN number you will see invalid login or unregistered displayed on the app dial page. Click on the Account icon at the bottom of the app and reenter your account number and PIN and press Save or Done
My App says registeringIf you do not have a strong Wi-Fi connection, or you are in a location where the network does not allow Wi-Fi calling (some cruise ships and airplanes) you will see this message displayed. Try to reopen the App in a different location.
Should I turn off cellular data or data roaming when traveling and using the app?It is highly recommended that you turn off all cellular data roaming when traveling while using the app, as the app uses data to make calls and your network carrier will charge you for data roaming, which can be substantial.
The person I am calling cannot hear meIf you have an iPhone be sure your microphone is turned on. Go to your regular Settings icon on your iPhone. Select Privacy. Select Microphone. Switch on Wireless Traveler (should be green)
What are the benefits of the Wireless Traveler App?
- Allows travelers to make calls via Wi-Fi to any phone from over 195 countries for as low as just $0.02 per minute... or enjoy free calling app-to-app.
- Available free from iTunes or Google Play app stores.
- Compatible with iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus as well as iPad, iPad mini & Android phones.
- Preprogrammed with Wireless Traveler speed dial.
- Have friends and family download the app to connect for free from Europe.
- As low as $0.02 a minute for all other calls.
How is the Wireless Traveler App better than other calling apps?
- Unlike other calling apps, you do NOT both have to be on Wi-Fi with the Wireless Traveler calling app. You can call to ANY phone, mobile phone or landline for as low as 2 cents per minute. App to app calling is FREE.
- The person you are calling does NOT have to have the Wireless Traveler App for you to call them from your app
- Less dropped calls with the Wireless Traveler App
- Ultra fast connection to the Wi-Fi network for making calls
- Call quality is the best on the market as the app uses dedicated voice line
- You have a US telephone number on the app that people can use to return your call
- Automatic recharge (optional) when you hit a low balance